Father And Son Cat Stevens Easy Guitar Lesson
In this lesson, I'm going to show you how to play the classic Cat Stevens song, Father and Son. I'm going to break it down for you step-by-step and we're going to have a lot of fun.
To start off I’ll give you a sample of what it's going to sound like.
Then we’ll break it down in this order…
1) Let's start off with the intro
2) Introducing Am7/G
3) Combined this with to note lick
4) Now let's go over the chords for the song. I think it's important to see the pattern he's using for this song. The entire song is made up an 8 bar phrase.
5) First 8 bar phrase: G-D-C-Am7-G-Em-Am-D
This is the chord pattern for the entire song, with the exception of a couple of small variations. I think it's best to learn this 8 bar phrase and then the variations where they're needed.
7) I go over chords; starting with a simple strum (2 down strums).
8) Add new strum: down - down/up - down
9) Next, we’ll combine the Intro and the first verse
10) Variation at end of the first section
11) Introducing the Bm chord for the second section
Finally, I’ll put it all together and give you a chance to play along
Thank you for joining me in this lesson. Wherever you're watching this video please scroll down and leave me a comment. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
When he's not making guitar instruction videos or creating more music to record (currently 7 CDs including Beauty and Fire) he's riding his bike along the beach with his dog Marco Polo or traveling to interesting places with his lovely wife Pui.