PLAY ALONG WITH JINGLE BELLS AND PRACTICE NOTE READING
In this lesson we’ll use one of the most popular traditional Christmas songs to practice note reading. I’ll also go over the chords at the end.
I think learning to read guitar notes is a lot of fun. The trick is to keep at it a little at a time and find lots of songs that are at your skill level.
In this video I’m doing what I would do with you if I were teaching you in person – giving you a chance to do keep up with a steady pulse without stopping or slowing down.
READING GUITAR NOTES
Here’s a step-by-step process for getting the most from this guitar notes practice session:
1. Go over the notes from beginning to end, then
2. Go back and play the song very slowly without stopping or slowing down
3. Go back and practice just the parts that you had problems with
4. Repeat step #2 until you can play all the way through
5. Pick up speed little by little until it’s at the appropriate speed for that song
Don’t forget to try out the guitar chords. I give some instruction at the end of the video.
Tell Us What You Think - Please Comment Below!
We would love to hear your comments and questions. What specific things are you struggling with while learning guitar?